I am extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all users of my site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not fall into the hands of a third party. My policy is both specific and strict. If you think my policy falls short of your expectations or that I am failing to abide by my policy, do please tell me.
Information may be unlawfully available to hackers and snoopers. I take no responsibility for this. The risk is no different from a similar risk in a bricks and mortar establishment. Except as set out below, I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site. If this policy should change in the future (most unlikely), then I shall provide notification in advance, and the opportunity for all users to indicate whether or not they would prefer that I do not provide the information to third parties as proposed.
Here is a list of the information I collect, and why it is necessary to collect it:
Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details.
This information is used:
- to provide you with the services which you request;
- to maintain my accounts;
- for billing;
- to enable me to answer enquiries;
- for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- for marketing my services and products;
- to help make my website as useful to you as possible;
- information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by me or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
Your IP address
Your IP address is recognised by my servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. This information is used:
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of my site;
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- to tell you about my other services.
Cookies are used on my website to enhance service provision but not in such a way that they identify you personally.
Somewhat ironically a cookie is used by the system that informs informs you that cookies are in use. This set when you dismiss the alert banner. Cookie set is
- cookieconsent_status - used to determine whether or not to show the cookie alert bar, expires 1 year
This cookie contains a imple string of text that reads dismiss to indicate you dismissed the alert message, no information is stored in your browser.
Cloudflare is used to enhance performance and security. The cookie set is:
- __cfduid - used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis, expires 1 year.
This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off. More details are available from the Cloudflare Help Center.
Google Analytics is used to help analyse how visitors use this website. Cookies set are:
- _gat - used to throttle request rate, expires 1 minute
- _gid - used to distinguish users, expires 24 hours
- _ga - used to distinguish users, expires 2 years
More details are available from the Google Analytics Developers Guide.
PHP is the language used by the web server. The cookie set is:
- PHPSESSID - used to reference a session stored on the web server, expires when you close your browser.
This cookie contains a random string of text, no information is stored in your browser.
Third party cookies
Additional cookies (called third party cookies) may be stored on your device by servers operated by third parties who provide certain content on our website such as YouTube.
Further information relating to cookies and their use can be found at cookiesandyou.com.
Financial information, including credit card details
Financial information is not accepted or processed via this website.
Information volunteered by you
Information volunteered by you for a particular purpose, for example a personal profile, survey, job application form, or contest. This information will be used exclusively for the purpose for which you have provided it. Information is disclosed to third parties only where the third party concerned qualifies in whatever way the website page requires. I will make absolutely clear on the face of the page, any intention to publicise the name of a winner.
This is information given to me in the course of our business. I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. I expect you and any partner to reciprocate this policy.
Disclosure to Government and their agencies
I am subject to the law like everyone else. I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that I hold about you, by contacting me at the address below. To better safeguard your information, I will also take reasonable steps to verify ymy identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with current UK, US and EU legislation, so far as I am aware. If you have any question regarding the confidentiality policy, please contact:
Cube Webworks Limited
17 Cargill Road