Email Account Setup (POP3)
A number of types of email account are available. This article relates to POP3 accounts, the default type offered with a Cube hosting package.
You can access POP3 email using the email client of your choice. Options include Microsoft Outlook, Mac Mail and Thunderbird. The details required to setup your account are the same regardless of which client you use. Your password will be supplied separately.
- Account Type: POP3
- Mailservers (incoming and outgoing): mail.yourdomain.co.uk
- Username: is your full email address
- Password: as supplied
Note: change yourdomain.co.uk to your actual domain name.
Advanced and troubleshooting information
- Mailservers (alternate incoming and outgoing if first is not accepted:
- Advanced Setting: Outgoing server requires authentication, same details as incoming
- Alternate outgoing port: Some ISPs block the default Port 25. This is more common on mobile broadband connections. If you can't send mail on Port 25 change the outgoing port to 366
Note: mail must not be left on server for more than 5 days if you intend to use multiple devices to connect to the mailbox. If you only use one device to connect to the mailbox do not leave mail on the server.
The mailserver offers a Webmail interface that is similar to (but not as advanced as) Gmail and Yahoo! Mail. It will show the current mailbox contents and allow you to send mail from your account.
Webmail can be accessed from: http://webmail.cube.pw/
Note: if you use an email client such as Microsoft Outlook to access your email Webmail will not show your full email history because the mail client removes mail from the server once it has downloaded a copy.