CAOS UK, an organisation that supports those involved in orthopaedic surgery, comissioned a new website including a private area for registered users that would allow them to:
- Publish a personal profile including photograph
- Publish details of research carried out, appointments and positions held
- Search to find other users based on name, place of work or qualification
The website was created by Think Different Events in partnership with designer Colin Abercrombie and I was brought in to develop the functions for the private user area.
What we did
Working closely with Colin a solution was developed and tested on a staging server before being installed on the CAOS website. The process executed was:
- Identify and confirm requirements
- Design database structure
- Develop functions
- Test and refine
- Custom database and application development for MODX® website
Think Different Events are an management organisation, specialising in organising and delivering high quality business to business events throughout the UK. Martin Jack is an Executive Board member of ABPCO and works with Glasgow Caledonian University as an external course verifier.
Colin Abercrombie is a digital designer and developer, you can find him at 5th Column Design.